Shishapangma (8012m) mountain lies in Tibet.This mountain is considered as one of the easiest 8000m mountains to climb. Shishapangma is also the highest peak in the Langtang Himalaya area . The trademark of Shishapangma is a long, steep, craggy southern face rising over 2000m, makes an imposing sight to all world to climb. The Nepalese name of the peak is Gosaitan meaning “The Holy Place”. The Tibetan name is Xixapangma and it means literally "The Mountain overlooking the grassy plains". Shishapangma is only the peak with the height over 8000m which is totally located in Tibet. Only very few people in the world have an idea about the Shishapangma before Chinese opened Tibet to the western summiteers in 1978 A.D. The Tibetans regard it as the holy mountain. It is the youngest among fourteen mountains above 8000m. That lies in high Himalayan ranges. The North West Ridge (normal route) to Shishapangma takes us up easy angled snow slopes up to 35 degrees with one steeper section. The necessary lines will be fixed and placed on the steeper or crevassed sections. Following our acclimatization in Zhangmu & Nyalam, we will arrive at base camp 5000m ready to do our final preparations and acclimatization walks. Yaks transport our expedition gear from Base camp to ABC at 5,400m. Three further camps will be place en-route. Sometimes the extra additional days are also required for acclimatization at different places until climbers succeeds the summit. If the climber succeeds the mountaineering early than the scheduled tenure they may leave the base camp before the prescribed time as well. Our standard expeditions start from Kathmandu. We cross the border to Tibet in Kodari. After 2 days of acclimatization at 3400m in Nyalam, we take 5hrs Jeep drive to the Drivers Camp at 4900m. Another possibility is to fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa/Tibet. From Lhasa it takes 2 days to get to the Chinese Camp.Asian Expedition is highly organizing the Shisapangma Expedition every 2 season. Please do contact us for detials information.
Shisapangma Expeidtion Departure Scheduel
01 September - 15 October Autumn season program 2019
07 April - 21 May Spring season program 2020
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport and transfer to hotel (135M/4429ft)
Day 02: Rest and preparation day for assignment & briefing before departure from Kathmandu.
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Gongkar Airport (3650m/11975ft)Lhasa.Overnight at Hotel
Day 04: Sightseeing around Lhasa with Tibetian English guide, Overnight at Hotel
Day 05: Drive from Lhasa to Gyantse (3,950m/12957ft, 05-06hrs)overnight in hotel.
Day 06: Drive from Gyantse to Shigatse (Xigatse) in an altitude of(3,950m/12957ft, 4hrs) Overnight at Hotel.
Day 07: Drive from Shigatse to Tingri (4,350m/14269ft, 05hrs) Overnight at Hotel.
Day 08: Rest day at Tingri for acclimatization.The climbing Sirdar will take you up to a (5000m/16404ft) hill for acclimatization after breakfast.
Day 09: Drive from Tingri to Chinese Base Camp, Camping accommodation.
Day 10: Rest Day at Chinese Base Camp for acclimatization
Day 11: Trek from Chinese base camp to middle Camp (5220m/17125ft.)Camping accommodation.
Day 12: Trek from Middle camp to Shisapangma Advance base camp (5400m)Camping accommodation.
Day 13-39: Climbing period to summit Shishapangma(8013m/26289), Camp 1,Camp 2, Camp 3, Summit.
Day 40: Preparation to returning (Clean Base Camp) and trek to Middle camp (5200m17125ft.) and then drive to Tingri (4,348m/14,268 ft).
Day 41: Drive from Tingri to Shigatse (Xigatse) Overnight at hotel.
Day 42: Early in the morning drive from Sigatse to Lhasa, overnight at hotel
Day 43: Fly from Lhasa to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.Overnight at Hotel.
Day44: Free day in Kathmandu and Nepalese cultural program with farewell dinner in the evening.
Day 45: Transfer to airport for final departure
Shisapangma Expedition Base camp Cost
The cost depend on the group size, service you want and the climbing sherpa. So, Please be kindly contact us at : firstname.lastname@example.org. thank you.
Extra Cost if required:
01. Brand New Poisk original Oxygen US$ 495.00 per 4 liter bottle(if required)
02. Refilled Poisk Oxygen US$ 295.00 per04 litter bottle. (if required)
03. Top out Mask and regulator purchase US$ 750(if required)
04. Personal Climbing Sherpa guide US$ 4500.00 for sharing basis (if required)
Base Camp Service Cost Include
• All arrival and departure transfer services to and from Airport both Domestic and International with other necessary surface transport as per itinerary.
• Assistance at the International airport by our epresentative while arriving and departing.
• Chinese Government Royalty, climbing permit for Shishapangma from North face(normal route)
• All camping equipment in Base camp and Advance Base Camp;
• Full Board hotel en route in Tibet: Zhangmu, Naylam(B/L/D);
• Food during expedition period for expedition Members and Staff in Chinese Base camp and advance Base camp;
• Tibet Visa and Travel Permit for expedition crew;
• Expedition Permit to climb Shishapangma along North ridge route;
• All staff during Expedition period with experienced Guide (Base Camp Manager)
• Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary;
• Cargo clearance & Duties Assistance Service free;
• Daily wages, equipment allowance & Insurance for expedition Staff;
• Gamow Bag will be available for expedition group;
• Solar panel for light and batteries charger will be available for expedition members;
• Each expedition member will have an individual tent available in the ABC.
• All Necessary camping equipments like camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents,
• Per person 40kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter or Yak and 30kg baggage allowance while returning from Base Camp after climbing the Mountain.
• All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs.
• First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
• Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication and available for members with the cost of US$ 4 per minute call.
• Appropriate food for climbing crew at base camp and Chinese Base Camp.
• All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal
• Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
• Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu before departure.
• Our service Charges
Base Camp Service Cost Exclude
• Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
• Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars
• Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
• Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones And Internet expenses
• Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
• Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
• Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
• Any additional staff other than specified.
• Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
• Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
• Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
• Airfare of international flights.
• Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival) and re entry visa fee
• Ice fall Garbage Deposit fees (Sharing with other member) if applicable.
• Wake talkies & Filming permit.
• Ice falls charges • All tent for camp 1, 2, 3
• Personal climbing gears;
• Climbing Guide(s)
• Emergency Oxygen and mask regulator.
• High altitude food for sherpa and member
• Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods;
• Emergency/Rescue Jeep cost US$700;
• Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
• Any other item not included in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” SECTION
To climb the mt. Everest now the Nepal Government has set a…
We are very happy that our beloved clients Mr. Thomas, Mrs.Kirstin and…
A 49-year-old Kami Rita Sherpa climber stood atop the world’s highest mountain…
Dear Friends, Namaste ! On the auspicious Occasion of MERRY CHRISTMAS ,…
Nepal’s hospitality industry on Monday launched a cook book and videos of…